Library Meeting Rooms
Please use the comment box to tell us your:
Date Room Needed:
You can view the meeting room availability below.
The Clinton Public Library has a complex of three meeting rooms that can be divided to accommodate 20 people per room; or opened to one room accommodating up to 80 people in theater-style seating or approximately 30 at tables. There is also a small study/conference room intended primarily for one-on-one conferences, study groups or tutoring.
- The primary use of the rooms is to accommodate organized groups, including businesses, non-profits, clubs, and service agencies.
- Meetings may be open to the public or limited to members of the group that has reserved the room.
- Rooms may not be used for profit-making purposes.
- Occasionally the need may arise to use the rooms for a library program, or for a meeting that has community-wide impact, or involves a large segment of the community and is open to the public. Such meetings may take priority over previous reservations. In such cases, every effort will be made to help all groups find an acceptable time and place to meet.
- Groups composed of minors (under 18 years) must have adult chaperones in the meeting rooms. Teen groups may meet in the Young Adult Department with librarian approval and supervision.
- Young children must be supervised at all times by an adult.
- Rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis, up to 6 months in advance. Reservations may be made in person or by telephone. A “Meeting Room Request Form” must be signed by an adult holding a valid Clinton Public Library borrowers card before using the room.
- When reserving a room, users may request a particular room set-up, including the use of library audiovisual equipment.
Conference room requirements and restrictions:
- There is no charge for meeting room use.
- Groups requesting use of a room beyond regular library hours is not permitted.
- No admittance may be charged for meetings that are open to the public.
- Light refreshments may be served. A kitchenette with mini-refrigerator and microwave is available. “Brown bag” lunches may be held as well as professionally catered meals.
- The use of lit candles in the library is prohibited. Smoking in the library is prohibited. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on library premises.
- Users are responsible for properly disposing of trash and leaving rooms and kitchenette in good order.
- Users will be asked to fill out a form reporting the actual attendance numbers for library statistical reports.
- No group can make reservations if they have not abide by the library’s meeting room policies in the past.
Library programs will take precedence for conference room use over all other activities. Conditions are subject to discretion of the Library Director and Board of Trustees. The Library reserves the right to change or cancel reservations.